Q: I lost My EASE (EASE JR)
3.0 License Key. What do I do?
All license keys are issued by ADA, so
you will have to contact them to obtain replacement keys.
ADA can't issue you a license key without a Reference Key
that identifies your computer to the licensing program. It's
not a policy or ownership issue, the software for generating
the license keys uses the Reference Key. Please do the following
to replace your lost EASE licenses.
Reinstall EASE 3.0 from the CD first. This will generate a
new Reference Key for your current configuration. Do not use
Add/Remove programs to uninstall first. Let EASE uninstall
itself during reinstallation.
1) Insert the EASE 3.0 CD
2) If AutoRun is turned on skip to step 4
3) If the CD does not AutoRun, browse to the CD drive and
4) Select Program Only install.
5) When prompted, uninstall the previous version of EASE.
6) When prompted, OK to remove all shared components.
EASE will update all of its components and a new reference
key will be generated.
Here's how to request replacements for lost licenses.
1) Start EASE on the computer that you would like to add the
2) Select Help and then Register. Click on Yes when asked
about open windows.
3) Click on the Order New License button.
4) Fill out the form completely just the way you did when
you first registered the software.
5) When the form is completed, the traffic light will turn
green, save it as a text file by clicking on the File button.
6) Attach the text file to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Yes, the previous link is spelled correctly.) In the body
of the e-mail explain how you lost the licenses and how many
You will also find in your Windows or Windows NT folder on
your hard drive an "EASE30lc.log file. This file should
also be attached to your e-mail.