SHIPPING COORDINATOR POSITION
Reports to: Production Manager
Position: Hourly Non-exempt
Hours: Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30pm occasionally Saturdays
The Shipping Coordinator is a hands-on job, and the ideal candidate is responsible for accurate shipment of customer orders both domestic and international. The position coordinates and picks product to prepare for domestic and international shipments. Will coordinate shipments through many shipping methods such as express, LTL, LCL, ocean freight, air freight, etc.
- Responsible for sales order fill rate and maintaining productivity of picking, packing, shipping processes.
- Responsible for shipment accuracy and implementation of corrective measures.
- Responsible for creation of domestic and international shipping documentation including Packing Lists.
- Ensure compliance with international shipping and customs regulations.
- Analyze shipping methods and carriers to determine the most cost-effective solutions.
- Make recommendations for productivity improvements and implement required changes to optimize the processes.
- Coordinate with other business functions such as production, sales, customer service, and quality assurance.
- Local pickup/delivery of demo products. Occasionally deliver demo products to Anaheim & Las Vegas tradeshows.
- Forklift certification required.
- Ability to operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
- Assisting in other areas as needed and performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand a large portion of the day, and pass a physical.
- Promotes the company culture within the team.
- Participate actively in Leadership Team meeting.
- Schedule daily work hours based on numbers of orders to ensure fill rate and reduce overtime and assist other departments
Industrial Safety, Health, and Environmental
- Ensures implementation and adherence of the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness of shipping areas.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years shipping and distribution experience in high volume traffic environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of proprietary shipping software from carriers such as UPS, Say Cargo, FedEx, DHL.
- Knowledgeable of US and international export rules and regulations.
- Understanding of international transportation and customs practices.
- Experience working with freight forwarders and international commercial terms.
- Have a high degree of detail accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Be able to pro-actively assess a situation and make timely and correct decisions.
- Must be a team player with ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and follow-up on requests.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
– Bilingual a plus
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Manufacturing
Education High School Degree Diploma or Equivalent
Experience At least 2 years
Manages Others Occasionally
Industry Audio Manufacturing
Required Travel Local and occasional regional driving
Driving Clean DMV Record and Current Vehicle Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- international and domestic shipping: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible