Renkus-Heinz provides an exciting and challenging environment for our team, developing and manufacturing some of the best loudspeakers in the industry today.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to work with, if any of the opportunities below pique your interest then please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Renkus-Heinz is seeking a Full-Time QA Test Engineer to join our Firmware and Software team. The Full-time QA Test Engineer will be responsible for developing test procedures for new products and updating or maintaining existing test procedures to improve the user experience. In conjunction, the Test Engineer will be responsible for developing programs and/or scripts to assist software and firmware development to ensure our products meet our consumers’ high demands of operational stability. This may require a combination of manual testing and software scripting of product currently in development within the firmware, software, and mobile application silos. We are looking for someone who can provide their own insight and advice based on years of practical experience in the QA and Testing field, along with working in conjunction with our Engineering and Production teams to help develop new and improved testing procedures for the company.
- Develop test plans, scenarios, and test cases for functional, regression and system level test activities for product firmware, software, and mobile apps.
- Participate in release planning to understand the requirements and ensure high quality user experience.
- Assist in bug life cycle management – defect tracking, defect reporting, defect analysis and defect verification.
- Design and write (entirely or collaboratively) test procedures for the production process – primarily focusing on audio and electrical testing of amplifiers, input cards, and power supplies.
- Assist in the design of test fixtures for hardware or software testing.
- Identify potential problems users may encounter with software or hardware and work with the software and embedded engineers to resolve these issues.
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- Assist in developing standards and procedures to ensure product quality, release readiness, and final release verification.
- Assess and improve existing test procedures to maintain quality and increase efficiency throughout the production process.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Completion of a minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science, engineering, or equivalent time; with experience in the field of audio being a benefit.
- 3-5 years Test Engineer experience – preferably in a mix of hardware, software, and embedded systems.
- Have a strong grasp on logic and troubleshooting scenarios.
- Able to document bug reports utilizing software tools – SVN, Redmine, and/or GIT preferred.
- Basic IT and Networking knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- Having a passion for audio with knowledge of audio system basics is a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic test equipment such as DMM, O-scope, Signal Generator, etc.
- Experience with Audio Precision testing equipment or other FFT based systems is a plus.