Renkus-Heinz provides an exciting and challenging environment for our team, developing and manufacturing some of the best loudspeakers in the industry today.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to work with, if any of the opportunities below pique your interest then please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Open Positions –
Application & Tech Support Engineer
Renkus-Heinz is seeking a Full-Time QA Hardware Test Engineer to join our Engineering team. The Full-time QA Hardware Test Engineer will be responsible for developing test procedures for new products and updating or maintaining existing test procedures to improve the user experience. In conjunction, the Test Engineer will be responsible for confirming hardware functions, developing programs and/or scripts to assist with embedded firmware development, and to ensure our products meet our consumers’ high demands of operational stability. This will require a combination of hardware testing and software scripting of systems currently in development within the hardware, firmware, and software silos. We are looking for someone who can provide their own insight and advice based on years of practical experience in the QA and Testing field, along with working in conjunction with our Engineering and Production teams to help develop new and improved testing procedures for the company. This position will have on-site responsibilities with little to no work from home opportunities.
- Verify Hardware functionality from a board-level perspective utilizing o-scopes, DMM, or other test equipment as needed.
- Test Embedded System functionality using automated scripting, hardware verification, and manual debugging.
- Participate in release planning to understand the use requirements and ensure a high-quality user experience.
- Assist in bug life cycle management – defect tracking, reporting, analysis, and verification.
- Design and write (entirely or collaboratively) test procedures for the production process – primarily focusing on audio and electrical testing of amplifiers, input cards, and power supplies.
- Assist in the design of test fixtures for hardware or embedded software testing.
- Identify potential problems users may encounter with hardware or software and work with the appropriate team to resolve these issues.
- Assist in developing procedures to ensure product quality, readiness, and final verification.
- Assess and improve existing test procedures to maintain quality and increase efficiency throughout the production process.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Completion of a minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science, engineering, or equivalent time; with experience in the field of audio being a benefit.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Test Engineer experience – preferably in a mix of hardware, software, and embedded systems.
- Have a strong grasp on logic and troubleshooting scenarios.
- Read and discern schematics and determine operational parameters of a system from them.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic test equipment such as DMM, O-scope, Signal Generator, etc. and be able to test proper function of circuits based on schematic design.
- Able to document bug reports utilizing software tools – SVN, Redmine, and/or GIT a plus.
- Basic IT and Networking knowledge.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- Having a passion for audio with knowledge of audio system basics is a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic test equipment such as DMM, O-scope, Signal Generator, etc.
- Experience with Audio Precision testing equipment or other FFT based systems is a plus.
Application & Tech Support Engineer
Reporting to our National Sales Manager this position requires a self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. While primarily an office-based role at our Foothill Ranch, California facility, this position will require some domestic travel.
Duties will include:
- Phone, email and live web support of Technical and Customer Service inquiries. Including but not limited to:
- Product application support
- Network troubleshooting for networked products.
- Software support
- Be primary point of contact to customers for all technical and repair support.
- Coordinate any needed returns & repairs for both in warranty and out of warranty products
- Maintain RMA tracking to discover and report any failure trends.
- Application support including EASE and EASE Focus and RHAON II modeling and system design recommendations.
- Provide system commissioning assistance to our domestic customers consisting of beamsteering and equalizing for best coverage and performance Renkus-Heinz loudspeakers.
- Support of in-house sales events such as factory tours and systems demonstrations.
- Travel to and represent Renkus-Heinz at domestic trade shows such as NAMM InfoComm and WFX.
- Liaising with and Sales, Engineering and Production teams to provide the best in customer service.
- Work experience in the professional audio industry.
- Strong communications skills.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Familiarity and experience with professional audio system design and operations.
- Familiarity and experience with installing and servicing all manner of professional audio systems and equipment.
- Familiarity and experience with Ethernet networking and audio-over-Ethernet, in particular Dante and CobraNet.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office programs.
- Strong team skills.
- Experience in customer service
- Experience with and/or a desire to learn how to utilize EASE and Systune programs.
- Experience with and/or a desire to learn AutoCAD and Revit.
- A college degree is a plus.
If this positions matches your skills, background and career objectives, please email a resume and covering letter to: email@example.com.