Renkus-Heinz provides an exciting and challenging environment for our team, developing and manufacturing some of the best loudspeakers in the industry today.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to work with, if any of the opportunities below pique your interest then please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Open Positions –
Application & Tech Support Engineer
Renkus-Heinz is seeking a Full-Time QA Test Engineer to join our Firmware and Software team. The Full-time QA Test Engineer will be responsible for developing test procedures for new products and updating or maintaining existing test procedures to improve the user experience. In conjunction, the Test Engineer will be responsible for developing programs and/or scripts to assist software and firmware development to ensure our products meet our consumers’ high demands of operational stability. This may require a combination of manual testing and software scripting of product currently in development within the firmware, software, and mobile application silos. We are looking for someone who can provide their own insight and advice based on years of practical experience in the QA and Testing field, along with working in conjunction with our Engineering and Production teams to help develop new and improved testing procedures for the company.
- Develop test plans, scenarios, and test cases for functional, regression and system level test activities for product firmware, software, and mobile apps.
- Participate in release planning to understand the requirements and ensure high quality user experience.
- Assist in bug life cycle management – defect tracking, defect reporting, defect analysis and defect verification.
- Design and write (entirely or collaboratively) test procedures for the production process – primarily focusing on audio and electrical testing of amplifiers, input cards, and power supplies.
- Assist in the design of test fixtures for hardware or software testing.
- Identify potential problems users may encounter with software or hardware and work with the software and embedded engineers to resolve these issues.
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- Assist in developing standards and procedures to ensure product quality, release readiness, and final release verification.
- Assess and improve existing test procedures to maintain quality and increase efficiency throughout the production process.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Completion of a minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science, engineering, or equivalent time; with experience in the field of audio being a benefit.
- 3-5 years Test Engineer experience – preferably in a mix of hardware, software, and embedded systems.
- Have a strong grasp on logic and troubleshooting scenarios.
- Able to document bug reports utilizing software tools – SVN, Redmine, and/or GIT preferred.
- Basic IT and Networking knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently.
- Having a passion for audio with knowledge of audio system basics is a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic test equipment such as DMM, O-scope, Signal Generator, etc.
- Experience with Audio Precision testing equipment or other FFT based systems is a plus.
Application & Tech Support Engineer
Reporting to our National Sales Manager this position requires a self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. While primarily an office-based role at our Foothill Ranch, California facility, this position will require some domestic travel.
Duties will include:
- Phone, email and live web support of Technical and Customer Service inquiries. Including but not limited to:
- Product application support
- Network troubleshooting for networked products.
- Software support
- Be primary point of contact to customers for all technical and repair support.
- Coordinate any needed returns & repairs for both in warranty and out of warranty products
- Maintain RMA tracking to discover and report any failure trends.
- Application support including EASE and EASE Focus and RHAON II modeling and system design recommendations.
- Provide system commissioning assistance to our domestic customers consisting of beamsteering and equalizing for best coverage and performance Renkus-Heinz loudspeakers.
- Support of in-house sales events such as factory tours and systems demonstrations.
- Travel to and represent Renkus-Heinz at domestic trade shows such as NAMM InfoComm and WFX.
- Liaising with and Sales, Engineering and Production teams to provide the best in customer service.
- Work experience in the professional audio industry.
- Strong communications skills.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Familiarity and experience with professional audio system design and operations.
- Familiarity and experience with installing and servicing all manner of professional audio systems and equipment.
- Familiarity and experience with Ethernet networking and audio-over-Ethernet, in particular Dante and CobraNet.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office programs.
- Strong team skills.
- Experience in customer service
- Experience with and/or a desire to learn how to utilize EASE and Systune programs.
- Experience with and/or a desire to learn AutoCAD and Revit.
- A college degree is a plus.
If this positions matches your skills, background and career objectives, please email a resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.